Tuesday – Beginners
Tuesdays – Beginners & Improvers
We are a friendly running club based in Leighton Buzzard We are a growing club with almost 100 senior members and are always pleased to welcome new members. The club meets on most nights of the week in some form, but Tuesday Nights are dedicated to beginners and improvers. We pride ourselves on being open and welcoming to new members of all ages and abilities – from those that have never run before to experienced marathon runners. We run because we love running, want to stay fit and enjoy running with others.
Tuesday night training starts at 7pm at Tiddenfoot is led by Kate and her friendly team of Run Leaders and is designed for those new to running or those who haven’t run for a while and want to get back into it.
A running club is a good place to learn and be motivated about running and Tuesday nights are the perfect place to test the water if you are unsure. Tuesday night runners are welcome to “step up” to Mondays and Wednesdays whenever they wish!
Your footwear is by far the most important thing to think about for running. To start running any distance; you need a comfortable, well-fitting, not-too-old pair of trainers. And if you enjoy running and want to continue; you need to think about buying a new pair of good quality running footwear.
For some, the first question to ask is – What shall I wear? Well, the clothes are not too important when you are starting out. You don’t need the latest branded Lycra, you just need comfortable clothing, such as t-shirt and joggers. You will get hot, so easy-to-peel and tie around your waist tops are good. During the darker months, a bright coloured or reflective top is a good idea.
You will need…
Things you need when coming to LBAC for the first time…
- A comfortable, well-fitting pair of trainers
- Comfortable jogging trousers, t-shirt, lightweight jacket/fleece (not too many layers)
- A reflective top, if you have one
- Please email Beginners@leightonbuzzardac.co.uk to let us know if you are coming down for the first time, so we know to expect you!
If you need guidance on the type of shoe that will suit you the best then we recommend using Up & Running. Members receive a discount from their store in Milton Keynes.
Tuesday Night Summary
1. Aimed at men/women aged 15+. Complete beginners to improvers.
2. Tiddenfoot, Tuesdays starting 7pm.
3. Aim: fitness, social, and for those who always fancied running but ‘never got round to it’.
4. Wear something comfy, ie tracksuit and trainers and preferably something bright or hi-viz.
5. You are welcome to try a run with us before joining the club.
6. Contact: Kate – Beginners@leightonbuzzardac.co.uk