In the winter months, Leighton Buzzard AC athletes brave the elements and take to fields and parks in local cross country league matches and sometimes in far flung locations for regional and national competitions.
New member Info:
- There is no cost to club members to run in the league events as the club pays an overall membership fee to the league.
- Members are asked to retain their league number for the season as they contain an electronic timing chip.
- The club will also pay individual entry fees to the championship races below, but will ask for reimbursement if you do not run.
We compete in the Chiltern Cross-Country League which involves races for all age groups across five fixtures each winter. Having been promoted back to Division 1 at the end of the 2009/10 season, the club had it’s highest ever finish of 5th in both the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons.
For the first time ever this year we will be having chip timing for the races. Chips will be contained within numbers so please retain your number for the whole season.
All of the events are on Saturdays and the fixtures for the 2016/17 season are as follows:
- October 14th – Horspath, Oxford (TBC)
- November 11th – Teardrop Lakes, Milton Keynes (TBC)
- December 2nd – TBC
- January 13th – TBC
- February 10th – TBC
For the November event we will need a lot of support
A link to the Chiltern Cross Country League Website can be found below
Many club members compete in County, Southern and National cross-country championships. These are all great events and give you the chance to test yourself against people from across the regions. The English Schools and Inter Counties are both selection only events, but some members of LBAC are usually asked to compete
The fixtures for 2017-18 are as follows:
- November 4th – English National XC Relays – Berry Hill, Mansfield
- December 9th – Southern Masters Champs – Venue TBC
- January 6th – Beds & Bucks County Champs – Beds Venue TBC
- January 27th – Southern Champs – Venue TBC
- February 24th – English National Champs – Hampstead Heath
- March 10th – Inter Counties – Prestwold Hall, Loughborough
- March 17th – English Schools Championships – Venue TBC