In the winter months, Leighton Buzzard AC athletes brave the elements and take to fields and parks in local cross country league matches and sometimes in far flung locations for regional and national competitions.
New member Info:
- There is no cost to club members to run in the league events as the club pays an overall membership fee to the league.
- Members are asked to retain their league number for the season as they contain an electronic timing chip.
- The club will also pay individual entry fees to the championship races below, but will ask for reimbursement if you do not run.
- A timetable for the 2019/20 season can be found here.
We compete in the Chiltern Cross-Country League which involves races for all age groups across five fixtures each winter. Having been promoted back to Division 1 at the end of the 2009/10 season, the club had it’s highest ever finish of 5th in both the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons.
All of the events are on Saturdays and the fixtures for the 2019/20 season are as follows:
- October 12th – Horspath, Oxford
- November 9th – Teardrop Lakes, Milton Keynes
- December 7th – Stopsley, Luton
- January 11th – Keysoe Equestrian Centre, Bedford
- February 8th – Campbell Park, Milton Keynes
For the November event we will need a lot of support
A link to the Chiltern Cross Country League Website can be found below
Many club members compete in County, Southern and National cross-country championships. These are all great events and give you the chance to test yourself against people from across the regions.
The fixtures for 2019-20 will be added below:
- November 2nd – English National XC Relays – Berry Hill, Mansfield
- November 16th – Eastern Champs – Keysoe, Nr Bedford – TBC
- December 7th – Southern Masters Champs – Horspath, Oxford
- January 4th – Beds & Bucks County Champs – Shuttleworth Park, Nr Biggleswade
- January 25th – Southern Champs – Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath, London
- February 23rd – English National Champs – Nottingham TBC
It should be noted that Chiltern League fixtures and the Southerns, Counties and Nationals count towards Club Championship points.