How to join
*** COVID-19 Update – All of our training sessions and events are held in accordance with current UK Government restrictions and England Athletics guidance on coronavirus. Therefore, some of the below membership benefits may not be available. ***
Try us before you join
The club caters for all levels of runner from age 9 onwards, so even if you’re just starting out, come join us.
We’d love to have you along, so please email us at email@example.com and read our Running FAQs to find out more.
Juniors (ages 9-18)
In the first instance, please email our Junior Membership Secretary at JuniorEnquiries@leightonbuzzardac.co.uk to receive an invitation to one of our monthly New Starters Trial Evenings. Please see our Juniors page for more details.
Seniors (ages 18+)
You don’t have to join the club to come and try a training session, just come along and see what you think. Seniors generally train from Tiddenfoot Leisure Centre on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but please see our Training page or email us at Enquiries@leightonbuzzardac.co.uk for more details.
Our memberships are yearly and run from 1st April to the 31st March each year. You can renew your membership from the 1st March for the following year and will automatically receive an Early Bird Discount if you join/renew before the 1st May. Membership fees are reduced if you join the club during the second half of the year (1st October to 28/29th February).
Unless you are a second claim athlete or a non-runner, your membership fee includes the fee for athlete registration with England Athletics.
Remember that you can join us at any time of the year.
- Registration with England Athletics (£16) which provides various benefits, see the England Athletics website for more details.
- Free entry into the Chiltern League, County, Southern and National cross-country races.
- Free entry into the East Anglian Track and Field League meetings.
- Free entry into Quadkids and Sportshall (for under 11s and 13s).
- Free entry into various road, off-road and cross-country relays.
- A variety of free junior and senior training nights spread across the week.
- Coaching from qualified coaches and training tips from experienced runners.
- Discounted entry (minimum £2) into UK Athletics licensed road races.
- A second chance to get a London Marathon place through the club’s London Marathon Ballot.
- Individual junior and senior Awards Nights.
- A number of running and non-running social events.
- New friends and running partners!